Monday, February 4, 2019

Sipping And Shopping In Sinsa

A quiet afternoon of coffee shop sitting and low-key shopping on the day before the Lunar New Year in Seoul. .


^ We walked to Mark Lane, an on-trend coffee shop just a few deserted blocks from my daughter’s apartment. Though the streets were eerily still and the shop mostly empty, I drank a grapefruit ade while my daughter studied and it was smashing. The shop was chic-ly stylish and I wanted to bring home this plant.


^ Later, my daughter’s boyfriend joined us for a prowl through the shop-filled streets of Sinsa, looking at shoes, handbags, wallets, stuffed animals, and whatever else caught our fancies. Shoppers were scarce, since in many homes the Lunar New Year festivities were already begun, but interesting sights and sounds still filled the streets. I was particularly entertained by the sweater-adorned trees along the sidewalks. 

Not to mention those fluffy white dogs. 

* * * * *

Once I saw knitted socks on trees in a park near Seattle. 
Read about that day and see some adorable trees here:


* * * * *

A full accounting of my trip to Seoul:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!