Monday, February 4, 2019

Sunday In Seoul


^ Sunday started out with a solo breakfast trip to Starbucks. I’m not in the habit of taking all my international meals at an American chain but since my daughter needed an hour for quiet study, I went to the one coffee shop that I could find on my own. She joined me later, and I ate this sandwich as my second breakfast. 


^ This neighborhood is easy on the eyes. Located south of the river in a posh part of town, there’s an interesting mix of soaring skyscrapers and cozy cottages to take in. This one, with its wood slats, brass accent, and vibrant red door, is one of my favorites. 


^ For dinner, more Korean barbeque, every bit as good as the night before. This time, my daughter’s boyfriend joined us so we went to an all-you-can-eat place.  Let’s just say I got my money’s worth. 


^ After dinner, we browsed around the shopping area of Hongdae, testing lotions, looking at BTS’s line of stuffed animals, and inspecting the household gadgets at one of my favorites, a store called Butter. This is the ladies’ room at Butter, which I find insanely aesthetic and a joy to behold. Since seeing this sight in my first visit to South Korea in October 2017, this bathroom has even shown up in my dreams. It’s nice to see it again on a Sunday in Seoul. 

* * * * *

A full accounting of my trip to Seoul:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!