Wednesday, February 6, 2019

In-N-Out


Yesterday for lunch, my daughter and I ate in. We whipped up a meal of creamy pumpkin soup, crispy garlic bread, fresh dark cherries, and a few more of those crazy delicious fried dumplings. An interesting blend of Korean and American flavors, the plates of food crowded the top of my daughter’s tiny table and we ate every bite.


For dinner, we went out to a nearby burger place called Downtowner. American style burgers have an avid following in Seoul and this place put forth a solid contender. Both the basic cheeseburger and the standard fries were up to U.S. standards, juicy and delicious, with an unidentifiable spiciness that we found appealing. The restaurant was trendy, popular, and packed to the rafters at 8 pm on a weeknight.

These back-to-back meals, both delicious and satisfying in completely different ways, shed light on the range of dining experiences I’m enjoying here in South Korea and give new meaning to the phrase In-N-Out.

* * * * *

A full accounting of my trip to Seoul:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!