Friday, February 14, 2020

I Love You To The Moon And Back

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1yEN07RxQNV3gj_WWOU35twTVrN108Z-a

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, my daughters were little girls. 

Clever little girls, of course, and also artistic, creative, and playful.

That sounds like bragging, but then again I believe that all children are artistic, creative, and playful. It's only when the world drags us away from our true selves and lulls us into apathy that we lose those gifts. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1k5l3pcrmwSc9RAZwWgFL9oVi23X35DSI

These Valentines are the product of my second-born's wild genius. When she was in middle school - probably eleven or twelve years old - she came across these photos of the moon landings and let her imagination run wild. She sewed, glued, and stickered them to her sweet satisfaction, and then gave all three to me. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=179CrmfmZbPS7d8vf6egqCPMu8oH6VwuA

Today as I was sorting through my stash of old Valentines, I came upon these cards and looked at them with fresh eyes. I'll never part with them, these precious gifts of untamed creativity, and I'll always marvel at the magic of childhood.

* * * * *

More stories for Valentine's Day

Valentines For My House

* * * * *

Every year, I make my own Valentines and every year, they're just a little bit different:


14 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!