Friday, August 12, 2016

Sunset Chasers: Cuban Edition

Earlier this evening, we were heading into Old Havana on a different adventure. But when we wheeled round the corner and caught our first glimpse of the open air above the sea, all bets were off

"Amazing! Beautiful! Unbelievable!" I poured out every accolade I could conjur. 

Now if I had been at home, behind the wheel of my own car, no doubt I would have dropped everything to get that shot. I've a long, well-documented history of sunset chasing. But as a backseat passenger in a foreign land, I didn't feel it was my place to demand a detour. So I sat back and prepared to drive through. 

"You have your camera?" my host, Khairi, asked. 

"Of course."  I don't leave home without it  

Wordlessly, he spun us round, pulled onto a side street and drove us right straight to the edge of the land. 

I jumped out of the car, finger on the shutter, and found this scene waiting for me. 


I'm glad I got the shot, but I'm even happier to know that my Malaysian friend in Cuba chases sunsets too. 


* * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!