Saturday, April 25, 2015

Puzzles

Before I left for India, I asked Natalie what I might bring fir her girls.

"Puzzles," she said. "They really like puzzles."

Today, I learned that she wasn't kidding. 


When Nat and I walked into the living room this morning, armed with load of fresh puzzles from America, the girls swarmed around us, buzzing with excitement. In an instant, we passed out the new treasures and all sat down to work. 


The older girls settled in with the more challenging option, and immediately demonstrated their puzzle-making skills. Clearly they were total pros. 


And the five-year-olds happily distracted themselves with a spirited exploration of a book full of baby photos. They spent at least a half hour analyzing the book in great detail, working their way from cover to cover at least five times. 

Which left Natalie and me free to help the middle-age girlls collaborate on an oversize floor puzzle. 


As far as I'm concerned, nothing can express the joy of puzzle-making success any better than a girl in a blue sparkly tutu sitting on top of her proud creation. Until her sisters squealed at her to get off, so they could admire their handiwork too. 

No doubt about it. Nat's girls definitely do like to make puzzles. 

* * * * *

Here is the full story of my trip to Hyderabad, India and my visit with the Indian Princesses:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!