Monday, May 18, 2015

Together

 
No, you may not order up these girls for adoption. 
The Indian government frowns on special requests


Here's a fun little project we made for Natalie's home. Hanging front and center on the living room art wall, this family tree came together in just a few simple steps:. 

First, we traced each girl's hand onto plain ol' printer paper and invited her to color it in with crayons. To be cohesive, we limited the color choices to shades of green. So mean. 

We also traced Nat's hand, and that of the girls' teacher, Munny. 

Next, I drew a tree trunk, also on white paper and colored in with crayons. 

I cut out all the shapes, laid them out on the yellow background, and when everything looked just right, glued them into place. 

Finally, beside each hand, I carefully printed each person's name, and around the trunk, copied the quote that Natalie chose:

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. 

Sweet. 
Simple 
Full of life and love. 

This family tree is a perfect embodiment of Nat's happy girls and I'm glad we made it together. 

* * * * *

Here is the full story of my trip to Hyderabad, India and my visit with the Indian Princesses:


1 comment:

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!