Sunday, October 14, 2018

Succulent Season


In winter, when the extravagances of Christmas have all been spent and spring is still a good long way off, I often need a breath of fresh air. 

There is nothing like a parade of fresh-faced succulents, in all their sweet geometric precision and tender green perfection, to cleanse my spirits and set me right again. 

I don't need to buy them. It's enough just to rest my eyes on their humble, hopeful selves, and I'm ready to march on.
* * * * *

I wrote this snippet months ago but, for reasons unknown to me now, filed it away as a draft and forgot all about it till I stumbled upon it today. 

Winter is long gone. Spring and summer too. Autumn is in full swing and we are mid-way through October. 

And while my original thoughts still ring true, I would add now that there is no time of year - no season, no frame of mind - that is not enhanced by a tidy row of leafy geometric perfection.

The simple truth is that succulents make me happy every single day of the year. 

* * * * *

In my opinion, you can never have too many succulents, and you can never have too many stories about succulents. Here are a few to choose from:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!