Monday, May 18, 2015

Three Fantastical Deserts

On a Wednesday morning, at 4 a.m., after almost three weeks in India, I said goodbye to the Indian princesses, jumped on a plane and flew away.

After a quick jaunt west to the eerily lit and entirely sandy fantastical desert of Dubai, my plane turned north and we sped across

Iran,
Russia, 
And the North Pole. 

My mind was completely and thoroughly blown 

From the top of the world, we journeyed south (since there is no other way to go) and set down in Los Angeles. Which is a pretty fantastical desert as well. 

Milling through customs in Los Angeles, the delicate balance between order and chaos is reflected in the architecture of the ceiling overhead

At LAX, I traded out my Airbus 380 for a Hertz rental car, pointed myself east on the 10, and headed for Tucson. Eleven hours later, I was walking with my daughter through the cool still air of the high desert night. Fragrant flowers perfumed the walkways; towering cacti and palms cast their shadows across the darkness. 

Pure and pink, fragile and sweet, these Arizona desert blooms are an antidote to an impossibly long day of travel

And that lovely Arizona desert may have been the most fantastical of all. 

* * * * *

Here is the full story of my trip to Hyderabad, India and my visit with the Indian Princesses:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!