Monday, July 16, 2012

Camping: It's All About The Memories


Camping is all about food, playing on the beach, sunsets and artistic inspiration. This is true.

But more than anything else, these annual vacations are all about the memories. For example, when I look at this cozy scene from my visit last week, I remember:

The days when I never took an eye off the campfire for fear that one of my toddlers might toddle right into it.

My other good red dog, Casey, who loved these trips just as much as Ranger does.

Little blonde heads that used to pop up among the shrubs and trees as my little ones played in the woods between the campsites.

The many times we have taken those folding chairs down to the beach for evening campfires on the sand.

Delicious meals cooked over the open fire - everything from salmon steaks to scrambled eggs, and always served with just a tiny bit of ash.

See what I mean? Just the sight of this familiar place floods me with good memories and brings me back year after year to make more. Can't wait to see what happens next year!

* * * * *


To read more stories about my camping trip to the coast, try:

                                          It's All About The Food
                                          It's All About Playing On The Beach
                                          It's All About The Sunsets
                                          It's All About The Artistic Inspiration

* * * * *

My family and I go to Kalaloch a lot. Here are stories from our trips over the years:

2018 

2017 

2015

2014

* * * * *

Here are a few other stories about my adventures in the woods

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!