Sunday, September 30, 2012

My Secret Place


Yesterday, on my walk with Ranger, I found a secret place. This building is nestled in the woods, far off the beaten path. This particular section of the building, with the deep blue gray siding, simple pointed roof, and barn-style window, looks different than the rest of the structure. Surrounded by these two cedar trees and a darling red maple, the landscaping helps to create and protect this hidden nook.

I love the way this photo captures the mood of this spot. I love the vertical symmetry of not only the architecture but also the natural elements. I love the contrast of the clean, straight geometry of the building against the soft organic shapes of the trees and bushes. Most pleasing and special to me is the sweet carpet of fallen red leaves that glows warm and bright against its cool surroundings and echoes the magical beauty my eye sees in this secret place.

* * * * *

Here are a few other stories about my adventures in the woods

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!