Monday, June 29, 2015

Joyful Flags


When I was in India, I made lots and lots of art. 

Correction. The Indian princesses made lots of lots of art, and I stood back in awe. I also ran for extra paper and washed the paintbrushes in the end, but that's no matter.

And within just a few days, the girls of Joy Home had produced a perfect storm of beautiful paintings, more than their walls could hold. So in my never-ending quest to string the world with garlands, I took a heap of extra artwork and converted the masterpieces into paper flags.

We festooned them all around the house.

But I also held a few back; just enough to make mini-garlands for foster mom Natty, myself, and the three other women who were visiting at the same time.


Mine is currently hanging above my American front door. 


Although I am far, far away from the love and laughter of Joy Home, the memories of my days there flood my heart each time I pass underneath. 

And that is a very nice feeling indeed. 

* * * * *

Here is the full story of my trip to Hyderabad, India and my visit with the Indian Princesses:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!