Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Tiny Tinsel Tree

I love to decorate for Christmas.

But I prefer to do it very slowly. 

The halls of most American yuletide-loving homes are fully decked by the close of Thanksgiving weekend, but that's when I'm just beginning my process. Armed with bits of paper, tree branches, fishing line, assorted garlands, and twinkle lights, I expect to spread the job out over the next few weeks.

Here, in day-to-day installments, is the story of how my house is getting ready for Christmas.

* * * * *

Sometimes, my Christmas decorations are painstakingly handmade, insanely time-consuming and devilishly, deliciously complicated.

And other times, they are crazy simple. 

Here is an example of the latter.


Tiny tinsel tree strung with white lights. 
Plopped on a mirrored table in the corner of my dining room. 
Partnered with a lowly succulent for contrast.

So easy. And cheap.


^ In fact, the only difficult part of this entire exercise has been deciding whether I prefer the photo that focuses on the sparkly branches...


^ or the one that highlights the potted plant.

What the heck. I'll just share them both.

And with today's snappy little project completed, I'm off to obsess over the details of my next holiday extravaganza. Now where did I put that rocket fuel?

* * * * *

In my opinion, you can never have too many succulents, and you can never have too many stories about succulents. Here are a few to choose from:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!