Friday, October 20, 2023

Señor Juan Aguayo

 "You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one." -John Lennon

* * * * *

I love writing Yelp reviews. So when my landscape contractor, Juan, asked me if I would write about his work for me this past week, I was delighted to oblige. Here's what I said.


^ Señor Aguayo lays a mean stone patio.

For years, I've dreamed of having a stock tank pool built into my back yard. And over those same years, several people have told me what an expensive, impractical dream that is. Still, I've carried my vision forward, trusting that someday, somehow, I would find someone to help me make that dream come true. 

Enter Juan Aguayo. In the past few years, I've put Juan's considerable landscaping skills to good use: trimming trees, building a small deck, laying a walkway, installing a storm drain. Every time, Juan's work has been right on the money - an excellent product for a fair price - and so I decided to tell him about my pool dream and see if he might help me find a way to bring it to life. 

Juan immediately saw the possibilities for this project. 

He listened to my ideas and remembered my asks. 

He proposed alternatives and patiently debated back and forth with me. 

He brought his keen eye, attention to detail, and commitment to aesthetics to the project design. 

He identified construction complexities and technical details that I had not thought to consider. 

And after several hours of conversation, I gave Juan the green light to begin. 

This was an anxious time for me. It's no small thing to trust your dreams to someone else, to trust them to capture your vision, and to bring it to life. 


^ Juan's two teenage sons work for him and both lent a hand to this project. 
I love to support a family business.

 But that's exactly what Juan and his team did for me. 

Oh sure, Juan does all the little things right too. He shows up when he promises to show up. He keeps a safe and clean work site. He manages his team well. He communicates with me and keeps me involved in daily decisions. His financial systems are transparent and fair. He got the job done on time and on budget, and left my newly transformed backyard as neat as a pin. 

Yet what Juan accomplished is so much more than all that. I trusted him to re-landscape my backyard around the stock tank pool of my dreams, and he knocked it out of the park. If Juan can make my landscaping dreams come true, he can do the same for you. Give him a call.

* * * * *

Photo credits to Alan Aguayo

* * * * *

I'm a lake lady and I need water. 
Follow along as I try to make my pool-owning dreams come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!