Wednesday, July 26, 2023

355 Days

"It doesn't matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." -Confucius

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1BgwKfzGJ9IL1w1SryFR0Ihd-46MHS-T9

Exactly three hundred fifty five days ago, I officially relinquished my life long dream of owning an in-ground pool. I was sad, but only a little bit sad, because something told me there was a better option out there, just waiting for me to find it.

When one door closes, another opens. Yeah, yeah. 

But today, just a little after noon, that new door officially slammed wide open and brilliant rays of of golden light came streaming into my back yard.


https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Oca7ZnewAX4IEaI6sha5Zootmf9wdkE1

Now, it's entirely possible to simply level off my new stock tank bad boy with a bit of sand and gravel, fill 'er up with 1,117 gallons of water, grab my air mattress and get floating. But I have a bit more in mind.

First, we're going to excavate the grass and soil below, build a proper foundation, and sink most of the two foot tall tank into the ground. Then there'll be some decking built around the circumference of my shiny new watering hole to provide room for lounging and sunning. 

My ultimate dream is to sit on deck and dangle my legs over the edge and into the water. 

We're also thinking about replacing our lawn with some more climate change-friendly green ground cover, and maybe linking together the different lounging areas we have scattered here and there around the back yard with an efficient web of walkways. 

Now don't get me wrong. Right now I have absolutely no clue how all these options will come together, but there's one thing I know for sure.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=16zdMK_qpAlMLV1N35lh8TMLbdaF3Gn8f

I am on my way to creating the pool of my dreams, and even though I'm taking my sweet time to figure out the details, nothing's going to stop me now.

* * * * *

I'm a lake lady and I need water. 
Follow along as I try to make my pool-owning dreams come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!