Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Plant Babies

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1vC1YXP26OFQ_symfeFYA_vyyeYxLFhD2

^ My daughter's apartment, on the average day, is a glorious jungle. 

Multiple monitors and other WFH paraphernalia notwithstanding, her assortment of plants bathe the room in a cool, green glow. Hard to believe that all these hearty specimens were tiny babies back in 2018 when she moved in, and what a special joy it gives me, doting plant grandmother than I am, to come back and visit them, time after time, and marvel at how quickly the little darlings are growing up. 

Of course, my daughter continues to add new children to the mix. In fact, much of my two weeks' visit was spent touring the local plant shops - particularly Groovy Plant Ranch and Stump - for the little green tykes on her current wish list. 

Spoilers: we found everything she was looking for...and more. 

And to go with those tender darlings, she needed pots.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=17udQ9EIMqbGtlWmAqVfVwGjBRXNWgPL8

^ Here's the collection of empties we'd amassed by the end of my visit. Now some of these beauties were already on hand, providing housing to plants that needed to move on to a larger pot. But others we picked up along the way.

After all the list-making, shopping and re-shopping, and careful deliberations, we created a master list of who would be placed where, and on the last afternoon of my visit, out came the bags of potting soil and we finally settled the newcomers into their cozy homes. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1kYvS7mbPg8Jv0PyRcYV-tiMPKTQ4THMF

^ Ahh! What a glorious gathering of new green friends. 

And I must say, what a satisfaction for me to help my daughter birth her newest batch of plant babies. Can't wait to come back soon and see how the little dumplings have grown.

* * * * *

Read the story of my first trip since Covid to visit my daughter in Ohio, told from finish to start. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!