Thursday, August 30, 2018

Welcome To Stump

Talk about gentrification. This gorgeous sleek store is literally surrounded by buildings slated for demolition. You do you, Stump, and let the neighborhood do whatever the heck it’s doing. 

Ok, let me be honest. I love a bougie plant store more than I can say.

And even though we found plenty of healthy beautiful specimens at the local big box stores, my daughter suggested we check out a gorgeous and wildly aesthetic curated plant store called Stump.
And I fell madly in love.


Even as we crossed the street, wondering how our destination could possible be found in this ratty little heap of broken-down buildings, our eyes slowly tuned into the front windows of one that was filled with glossy, rich foliage. Inside, we noted the artisan crafted pots and legitimate, um, stumps upon which the plants posed.

And let me tell you right now, we were smitten.

The interior of the shop screamed quirky cool from every corner.

A black leather Chrsterfield couch lounging among the leaves.

Live edge floating wooden  shelves adorning the walls, overflowing with sparkling specimens in less-is-more pots

Clear glass cylinders hung here and there, showcasing air plants on crushed sandstone or leaves resting in crystal water.

Honestly, I was overwhelmed. Too awestruck to even point and click my camera.

Then I walked out on the back deck.



I ogled
I gaped.
I turned in giddy circles and snapped photos of everything in sight.

And I decided that surely this Stump store must be the cutest plant boutique ever

* * * * *

Not that I was exactly proven wrong, but a few days later, I was pleasantly surprised to find my conclusion challenged.

There are two Stump stores in Columbus

I had visited the one in Italian Village

There is another store  in German Village

(And a third in Philadelphia. But that one is off my grid for the time being.)

Needless to say, it wasn’t long before we headed to German Village to check out this second Stump.

I hope you will not be shocked to hear it was an equally gorgeous experience.

Just look. I have no words.


Again, my camera roll failed to capture the essence of this magical place.

All I can say is, if you ever find yourself in Columbus (or apparently Philadelphia), check out the beauty that is Stump.

And I will say, you’re welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!