Monday, November 4, 2019

Cleveland Rocks

"Life gives you plenty of time to do whatever you want to do if you stay in the present moment." 
-Deepak Chopra

During the week we spent with my second-born in Ohio, we took a side trip up to Cleveland. That's where my husband grew up, and where his beloved Indians play baseball. 

So we timed our trip to align with the team's home schedule, and bought tickets for a Saturday night game against the Philadelphia Phillies. 

Just one problem. Dogs are not normally invited to ball games. So someone in our party would be required to forfeit the game and stay home with Gracie. 

Guess who volunteered. 

Can't really complain though. Got some much-needed rest for my damaged shoulder, and enjoyed a lovely evening in. 



^ Glorious sunlit skies over the parking lots outside my hotel room near Great Northern Mall in North Olmsted, Ohio. Not too shabby. 


^ Spoilers: the Indians lost. The defeat was easier to bear from the comfort of my big fluffy bed. 


^ Even if I was required to share said bed with my red-headed companion. Notice how she's taking up more than her half? Yep. That's my girl. 

Wasn't long before my family came bursting back in, carrying a load of snacks and sharing stories about the game. I might have been a little bit jealous of their adventures, but as my mind lingered back over the quiet hours Gracie and I spent alone together, I reminded myself that there's more than one way to have fun on a Saturday night in Cleveland. 

* * * * *

Road Trip 2019: read all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!