Saturday, October 5, 2013

The Undisputed Truth


Oh sure. I'm smiling from ear to ear in this photo, captured in the midst of dousing my bookcases with liquid sandpaper. But after two full weeks of sanding, scrubbing, painting, sanding some more, staining, refinishing, and then shampooing the carpets, I'm not quite as chipper as all that.

Which reminds me of this:


Smiling faces, smiling faces, sometimes they don't tell the truth.
Smiling faces, smiling faces tell lies and I've got proof.

So today, after another drab session of dirty jobs, work clothes, and smelly fumes, I was ready to experience some beauty in my life.

Enter these maple trees, bursting forth with fall color and decorating my afternoon errands with their soul-satisfying beauty.


As if that wasn't enough glory for one day, this sweet pastel sunset followed me home.



And then I smiled for real. All the way down to my toes.

Can you dig it?

* * * * *


Wanna read more about my messy office makeover? Check these out:


* * * * *

Ready for more sunset-related adventures? Read these:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!