Monday, February 6, 2012

Winter Sunsets

Here in the Pacific Northwest, we've been enjoying some unseasonably clear skies lately. Well, wait. That isn't quite true. It's not exactly that the skies are clear...more like, the clouds are high enough that we have more than ten feet of visibility before the bank of grey gloom meets our eyes. 

Alright, I'm exaggerating again. I admit it.

In any case, I've enjoyed some beautiful sunsets over the past few days. My trusty Android did his best to capture their magic and even with a little photo editing boost, these pics do not do justice to the colors I saw. Please use your imagination and amp up the swoon factor.

This is the view from the bottom of my neighborhood...
those are the Olympic Mountains to the west and beyond them lies the Pacific Ocean.
Stevens Pass..facing south at the top of Tye Mill. It really was this pink.
More from the top of Tye Mill...I never get tired of this view.
High clouds over Alderwood Mall
Looking mostly west from the top of Tye Mill...
I never get tired of seeing that line of trees across the ridge, lit up by the setting sun.
Standing in the parking lot at Target. Bliss.
When was the last time you saw a killer sunset?

* * * * *

Ready for more sunset-chasing adventures? Read these:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!