Saturday, July 7, 2012

A Multiplication Of Joy

Tonight I went to a lovely wedding at the beach. Held in a Seattle city park called Golden Gardens, right on the sandy shore of Puget Sound, it was a feast for my senses. Let me show you what I mean.


See? So fun and spunky and bright and whimsical, but this wedding also included all the time-honored traditions that properly initiated this couple into the celebrated institution of marriage. It was a joy to watch Hannah and Musa step over the threshold of their new life together.

That joy was multiplied by all the many other steps I have shared with them and their families over the years. All of us have been friends for a long, long time, and more than just friends, we have been fellow homeschoolers. Because we have been, to a certain extent, outlaws and rebels together, we have  built some powerful bonds. Our relationships one to another are very close and mind-bogglingly multi-faceted; we have been each others' parents and children, teachers and students, best friends and boyfriends and girlfriends. These are the people who need never ring my doorbell.; they know they are welcome to walk right at any time, day or night. And I know they feel the same way about me.

So blessings to you, Hannah and Musa. May your joys always be multiplied by the many people who love you.

* * * * *

My other musings about marriage:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!