Tuesday, March 19, 2024

My Little Irish Lass

"Bless your little Irish heart and every other Irish part." -Irish blessing

^ My friend and me, with our lovely Irish lassies at the 2019 St. Patrick's Day parade in Seattle. 
Guess which one of us loves to dress up in costume.

After sharing most of my life with these spunky redheaded dogs, you'd think every day I'd be grateful for their many charms. 

But the truth is that with all of my setters, and these days Gracie in particular, I take certain things for granted.

The sparkle and shine in her eyes.
Her ever-wagging tail.
Her quick gait and alert posture as she hunts.
The gentle way she greets strangers, especially children.
Her unending desire to please me. 
The unmistakable look of mischief on her face when she's up to no good.
Her charm, delight, and never-ending blarney.

You would think I would appreciate every single day the magic that my lady leprechaun  - and my other Irish gentlemen before her - bring into my life. But honestly, I'm so regularly blessed with those smiling Irish eyes that I sometimes forget all I have to be thankful for.

Luckily, I celebrate a special holiday every year that reminds me of my good fortune.
I am blessed for the love of my little Irish lass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!