Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Equinox

 "To love beauty is to see light." -Victor Hugo




Spring peepers, yes.

Pale pink cherry blossoms.

Spunky purple crocus.

Greening grass and slowly leafing trees.

And sunny days that sneak up and surprise us, delight us, warm our weary bones.


These are all vanguards of spring, brilliant waving banners that announce our side of the planet's tilt toward the sun.


But more than anything else, what heralds to me the change in the season is the light.


As the sun's angles shift, afternoon rays stream through my south facing windows. Golden sunbeams pour into my home in fresh and exciting ways; patterns of light play against every surface to announce the new season.

Spring has finally come. And, once again, its beauty leaves me breathless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!