Monday, January 22, 2024

Christmas At Last


Two little girls are snuggled in their beds
Pretty dreams of Christmas running through their heads.


Downstairs is quiet, cozy as can be,
Shining like the lights on the Christmas tree.


Candles have been snuffed out, fire warms the hearth
Santy Claus is traveling all around the earth.


Tis the night before Christmas and everyone's asleep
My Christmas house is finally done; so happy I could weep.

* * * * *

Four - count 'em, four - years ago I started building this tiny holiday doll house. Though my vision was clear and my early steps certain, I eventually fell into a state of indecision and my project spluttered stalled in its path.

Yes. I know. There are monumental decisions to be made in the world of miniature crafts, and I dared not make a wrong move.

Anywho, this year, I decided, it was high time to bring some closure to this half-done holiday home. And wouldn't you know, as soon as I set my jaw and took a firm upper lip with myself - See here now, we're going to finish this once and for all! - the decisions came quickly and every little detail fell into its charming place.

* * * * *

PS You may notice that there is only one little girl asleep in her bed. The second one is currently in Ukraine being carved from a small bit of alder tree, and will be here very soon to accompany her sister. Thank goodness sister has a cat to keep her cozy till then.

* * * * *

For more on how this creation began:

My New Project

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!