Monday, January 29, 2024

Christmas Colors

"A thing of beauty is a joy forever." -John Keats

Still available for 50% off MoMA Design Storeat the 

Bang! Boom! Pow!

For the past decade or so, my Christmas decorations have featured sweetly organic whites and shimmering silvers and golds. As my life was moving though a swirl of sadness, grief, and loss, I craved the quiet, calm energy that neutrals provide. But now, as the storm clouds have mostly cleared away, I'm reclaiming joy in my life and accordingly, I'm back to seeking out the brightest, boldest colors of the season.

While I'm not sure I'll deck out the entire house in these eye-popping combinations of complementary reds, pinks, oranges and greens, you better believe these brilliant tones will be center stage come Christmas 2024.

These colors make my eyes hum with delight and my heart explode with joy and - like a pulsing star in a sky filled with angels - isn't that just exactly what Christmas is all about.

1 comment:

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!