Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Me Gusta Nadar

I love to swim.

Let's be honest. I spend most of my time in Mexico in the pool.

I love swimming in the ocean, too. Probably even more so. But that is more of an event. 

Swimming in the pool is an all-day way of life for me. 

Well.

Swimming.
Floating.
Standing under the waterfall. 
Half-walking, half-hanging onto a floatie shared with a daughter.
Kicking around while holding the ledge of the pool and talking to daughters who are out of the pool.
Sitting in the water.
Sitting on the steps into the water. 

And on and on it goes. 


^ Much of my day is spent looking up at the undersides of the umbrellas, the wings of mother birds who want to protect me from the sun. But they don't do me much good in the pool, and despite my best intentions and 70 SPF, I am usually sunburned by the end of the day.


^ I'm obsessed with floaties and always looking out for the next best thing. These alligators are designed to hover above the water and looked super cute floating around the pool on their own, or caught up in prolonged wrestling matches with their eight-ish and ten-ish-year-old owners. 


^ It takes a lot to get me out of the water and back into the fierce Mexican sun. And by a lot, I mean a plate of fish tacos and an icy drink. Cabo is the birthplace of the fish taco and I am religiously devoted to them. My second-born and I each devoured a plateful every day by noon, and on our fourth day, our delightful, efficient, and oftentimes hilarious pool waiter named Luis observed, "You sure like to eat fish tacos."

Yes. Yes, I do, Luis. I love to eat your freaking delicious fish tacos.

Almost as much as I like to swim.

* * * * *

Read all about my latest trip to Mexico

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!