Friday, June 28, 2013

Fresh Raspberries


Sometimes, life gets messy and complicated. 

Sometimes, horrible things are said out loud and feelings get hurt. 

And sometimes, relationships are on the verge of irreparable harm and it's hard to know which way to turn.

That's when I start to think about raspberries. Tender, sweet, and indescribably delicious, they are a perfect metaphor for God's grace. He pours out his unending love and forgiveness for me not because I've earned it or because I deserve it, any more than I've earned or deserve the juicy perfection of a red, ripe raspberry. He's just cool like that.

Then I am ready to offer my own pale imitation of God's grace to those who have hurt me. 

And I might even serve them some fresh raspberries.

2 comments:

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!