Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Smooth Operator

For the past month or so, my second-born has been whipping up nutritious and delicious smoothies right and left. And I've been a happy beneficiary of her experiments.

Well, I do my part to support her kitchen creativity. I keep her stocked with an inventory of healthy ingredients which ensures that she'll have plenty of interesting flavors and textures to mix and match:
strawberries, fresh and frozen
blueberries, fresh and frozen
bananas, fresh and frozen
acai berries, frozen
mango, frozen 
coconut water
almond milk 
chia seeds
sweetened cocount
granola
honey
agave
maple syrup
Here are just a few of the luscious concoctions she has served me of late:


^ Chia seed pudding - made from chia seeds and almond milk left overnight in the fridge - garnished with fresh strawberries, granola and honey.

^ Fresh strawberries, frozen banana, a few frozen blueberries and almond milk blended - garnished with fresh strawberries, fresh banana, chia seeds and granola.

Other than a smidge of sugar in the coconut, and the oatmeal in the granola, all of these ingredient meet my criteria for no-sugar-no-carb eating. And every single bite has fallen within my parameters for delicious.

So count me as one lucky and well-fed mama, with special thanks to my inventive second-born. She's quite the smooth operator.

* * * * * 


Oh, nineties. You seem a little silly now. But you too were pretty darn smooth in your day.

* * * * *

For more stories about my carb- and sugar-free eating adventures, read:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!