Friday, October 18, 2013

Squirrel Food


Maybe it's because I grew up in the woods.

Maybe it's my love of small, furry forest mammals.

Or quite possibly, I'm just weird.

But on sunny fall days such as this one, I often think about squirrels. This is a busy time of year for them, laying up the last provisions to guard against the long, cold days of winter. Hopefully, their little squirrel stashes of nuts and seeds are bursting with abundance, and they will eat like kings till spring.

And sometimes, all this thinking about my little forest friends leads me to want to eat like a squirrel. Which today led me to prepare this lunch:

roasted pistachio nuts
acorn squash
pear

This humble fare would probably seem like a royal feast to a proper squirrel, but to me, it's the perfect lunch for a lovely autumn afternoon.

* * * * *

For more stories about my carb- and sugar-free eating adventures, read:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!