Sunday, July 8, 2012

Fruits Of The Spirit


I love everything about fruit. 
I love to grow it, 
I love to pick it,
I love to use it to cook and bake, 
I love to eat it. 

Also, I love to take photos of it. 

{If you didn't know that, then you need to start following me on Instagram. I'm dianeagain.}



Honestly, though, I don't think I'm particularly special in this fascination. Most everyone I know likes fruit; it's way more popular than its older, more responsible brother, the vegetable. 

Fruit is cute. Fruit is fun. Fruit is the friend you love to hang out with because they make you feel more alive. 


Fruit is also a metaphor Christians use to describe the appealing qualities of a person who lives God's way. We talk about these attributes as 'fruits of the spirit,' and do our best to live up to them.

The fruits of the spirit are:


{Click on the names of the fruits in this list to read more about each one.}

I was thinking about these lovely ideals as I was browsing my Instagram feed tonight, and I caught myself looking for photos that seem to best capture each one of those fruits of the spirit. 


Over the next few days, I will share what I found. Prepare for deliciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!