Monday, January 15, 2024

Ready To Fly

Tonight.

My home is a place where I feel comfortable.

Safe.
Secure.
Able to be fully myself.
Ready to take chances and try on new wings to see if I can fly.

And when, as it was this week, my home is tucked under a blanket of snow, it feels like magic too.

Thirteen years ago, on this very day, I began my blog. And ever since, it has been a place where I feel comfortable.

Safe. Secure. Able to be fully myself. Ready to take chances and try on new wings to see if I can fly.

And when, as I do today, I write on a snowy day, my words feel like magic too.

So here's to a fresh new year of writing. 

May I take chances, 
write about hard things, 
be honest about myself, 
and always, always be ready to fly. 

* * * * *


My first blog post ever. I still think it's very sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!