Sunday, July 24, 2022

Saturday Morning Is A Mood

"Let sleeping dogs lie." -Unknown but also Gracie


But baby, the weekend is finally here! And as usual, I am celebrating with a proper Saturday morning lie in.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1wHGiM7w0_fUIkfMPpMyDfjz-gvVOkJT-

My new linen quilt is perfect for summer sleeping; it keeps me comfy cozy with just the right amount of heft, if you know what I mean. But it's lightweight and soft; combined with an old school flat sheet and my generous red coat, I stay snug but not sweltering all through the night. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1ng8lgtfUGxpu1qLVQ_B16R-GocRkNV13

Love my new gingham pillow covers from Poppy and Honesty. Let's be honest - they were a splurge. But the fabric is the softest linen and the style is called Sweets Wrapper because the ruffles on the ends make my pillows look like bits of wrapped candy. Don't you love how that yellow check sets off the golden highlights in my flowing mane?

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1qUkjjERlNzCvCxMy4Y5gcGNZacIZLll3

I am a huge fan of a double pillow situation, as I sleep best when I'm properly propped up. I prefer a simple white linen pillow cover for my second layer of pillow, and when I'm truly living my best life,  I take control of all four pillows to snuggle up in a cozy nest.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1awfbOg6dEF1IU74xQt3oI26fpNdQJcDn

Have I mentioned that I'm a fan of a bedside fan? Mmm, the low setting keeps the air moving softly over me as I sleep, and I like to keep an arm out of the covers to enjoy that gentle soothing sensation as my furry tufts dance in the breeze. My super sensitive ears fill with the pure joy of white noise as the whirring blades calm my mind and lull me into long, satisfying hours of deep sleep. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1kYyO9aigu7KImUjoQJVO4_C2E_mS70Zv

Because on the weekends, I do my best to squeeze in as many extra winks as I can, knowing that come Monday, the rat race awaits me. Saturday morning is a sleepy, satisfying mood. 

* * * * *

Fact check: During the hours when humans are sleeping in this bed, Gracie does not. She snoozes in her chair in the corner of the room, or on the floor. But once the humans vacate the actual bed, she luxuriates like there's no tomorrow. 


linen quilt | garnet hill
 flat sheet | target
sweet wrapper pillow case | poppy and honesty
 linen pillow cover | garnet hill
box fan | the home depot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!