Thursday, October 8, 2020

Walking Partner

"It's fun to have a partner who understands your life and lets you be you."
 -Kim Kardashian

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Bp8LT7cxL6NpqMjQqU3gT6DKCEUzZgvg

We walked along the quiet lane, tucked behind the back of my secret building and edging up along the forest, each of us wrapped up in our own thoughts. Gracie quivered with controlled exuberance as she scented rabbits and birds in the underbrush; I was lost in a reverie of my own. A warm October sun shone down and a sweet late afternoon breeze stirred the soft air.

As we rounded the bend that led back toward the main campus of the school, my dog and I came upon a family out for a walk - dad, mom, and two boys. The older boy, probably four years old, took one look at me and in a clear, high tone of innocent curiosity asked, " Dad, why does that girl (Editor's note: !!!) have a dog?"

Without skipping a beat, Dad smoothly replied, "That's her walking partner."

Yes. 

He summed it up perfectly.

Gracie is my walking partner and I'm very lucky to have her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!