Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Rice Bowl Sauces: Spicy Sriracha Peanut

Why make just one flavor of rice bowl sauce when you stumble upon a recipe for five
Once I surveyed this quintet of delicious options, I set upon a plan to try them all.


This week's option is a spicy sriracha peanut sauce, which I paired with broiled beef, steamed broccoli, and sauteed shredded cabbage and carrots.

The sauce delivered on all notes - it was indeed pleasantly spicy, punched up with Sriracha and soy sauce, and fueled by rich, creamy peanut butter. 

With a few tweaks, I believe I could successfully replicate the swimming rama peanut sauce on the Number 15 at Thai Tom's. And that would really be saying something. 


And while I can always dream of ways to take this sauce to an even higher level, let me be perfectly clear: it's absolutely delicious just the way it is.

* * * * *

Ingredients & Directions:

Combine 1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky), 1 teasponn sesame oil, 1/4 cup rice vinegar, 3 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons water, and 1 to 2 tablespoons Sriracha, then blend until well-combined.

from the Kitchn

* * * * *

I've committed to a month of Rice Bowl Mondays, featuring each of the five sauces in the article. Here you go:


* * * * *

Thai Tom's is a hole-in-the-wall restaurant on the Ave in Seattle, and if you ever have the chance, go there. In the meantime, I highly recommend you read all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!