Friday, February 15, 2019

2019 Valentines


Happy Valentine's Day.

It's my annual rant that Valentine's Day does not belong solely to lovers.

February 14 is a day to celebrate love in all its many shapes and flavors, and there is a lot more to love than romance. 

So here I offer to you, interspersed with photos of the watercolor Valentines I made this year, a series of love songs that open our minds to the many forms of love. 




Better known as the theme song to a sweet 60s sitcom called The Courtship of Eddie's Father, this song is about the love between a father and son. 

People, let me tell you bout my best friend
He's a warm hearted person who'll love me till the end
People, let me tell you bout my best friend
He's my one boy, cuddly toy, my up, my down, my pride and joy




It's a seventies song about a dude taking a road trip with his dog and a friend. The dog doesn't get a lot of play in the lyrics but in my mind's eye, I see a good ol' hound dog hanging his head out an open window during every note. 

Me and you and a dog named Boo
Traveling and a'living off the land
Me and you and a dog named Boo
How I love being a free man. 



Yep. A tender and moving ode to mothers from the sassy Spice Girls.

Back then, I didn't know why
Why you were misunderstood
So now I see through your eyes
All that you did was love. 


My Best Friend by Weezer

Straight from the heart, this short and simple song says, hey, best friend, I love you.
And that is a sentiment worth celebrating not just on Valentine's Day but every day of the year.

You're my best friend
And I love you
And I love you
Yes I do.

* * * * * 


More sweet whisperings of Valentine love:

2 comments:

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!