Thursday, January 3, 2019

A Walk On A Wet Day

^ Once the walk is over, Gracie is ready and rarin' for her dinner. 

^During the summer, I usually sit out in the sunshine. But on rainy days, I huddle up on the porch. 

^Brisk wet winds blow the tree tops and send the clouds scudding across the sky.  

^ My neighbors' house is a cozy oasis of light across the street.

^While most of the world takes down Christmas lights promptly after the new year, I like to leave mine up. They make me happy. 

When your cold has you feeling low and the last thing in the world that you want to do is go out into the cold, blustery rain.

But your dog looks up at you with her trusting amber eyes, believing that you will always come through for her.

So you get the leash and put on your jacket and the gloves with the rubber palms because it’s going to be a wet one out there.

And you take your dog on a walk.

When you get home, you give your dog her dinner and drop down onto your porch swing, amazed that you powered through and happy to be alive.

And you are glad that you went for a walk on a wet day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!