Monday, October 22, 2018

Sunday Morning Munchies

This week's fare was a mini omelet with chicken sausage, 
Monterrey jack cheese, onion and some salsa on the side. 

On Sunday mornings, long before my body clock is ready, I wake up and haul myself off to church. I go because I want to go, but by the time worship is over, all I want to do is crawl back into bed for a nap. 

And eat. First I want to eat.

A quick scramble of eggs with some interesting tidbits - whatever is hiding in the back of the fridge. Or sausage on toast. Maybe a toasted bagel and a little cream cheese Doesn't have to be fancy; just warm and hearty enough to help me drift off to sleep.

For the past few months, my husband has been cooking me a post-church pre-nap meal. This is usually the one and only meal, all week long, that someone else prepares for me, and it is quite a treat to be served this way.

Sunday mornings have never tasted better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!