Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Forever Family

Today is a special day.


Not just because we are smack dab in the middle of a perfect Pacific Northwest autumn.



Not just because the leaves are at the peak of fall color.

 

Not even because these fairy tale mushrooms greeted me along my walking path.



What makes today so special is that Gracie has now lived with us longer than any of her other human families.

First she lived with her dog mom and her human birth mom and her seven roly poly red siblings in Florida.

Then she lived for about fifteen months on a horse farm in Oregon.

And then she lived with a postman for twelve months in a nearby suburb here in Seattle, Washington.

And while those families loved her, their homes weren't quite right for my girl.

I am forever thankful for the love and care bestowed on her along the way, I am delighted that Gracie eventually came to us and for these past sixteen months we have all settled in together.

This is only the beginning, Gracie. We are your forever family and the fun has just begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!