Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Between The Waves

Our trip to Rialto Beach on the Washington coast in May.

The waves roll in.
The waves slip back to the sea.

And my dog Gracie, like all my dogs before her, loves to walk in that place between the waves, 

splashing through the chilly Pacific water, 
lifting her nose into the considerable breeze, and 
filling her soul with the wildness of the coastal beach. 

How do I know that her soul is filled? Well, I suppose I can't say for sure.But

the sparkle in her eyes
the bounce in her step, and
the way she goes back to our campsite, curls up in a soggy ball, and falls right to sleep,

tells me most of what I need to know.

Plus, my soul is filled when I am between the waves at the beach. And in that way, I think my dog and I are veryy much alike. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!