Thursday, August 25, 2016

#onmyplate

I'm blessed with friends all around the world.

Different races.
Different religions.
Different ways of life.

And though we talk about all kinds of interesting and random things, there is one question that we ask each other more than any other.

"What are you making for dinner?"

I'm fascinated with how curious we are about each other's plates.
And I'm always willing to try to explain how Americans eat.

At least at my house, we eat fresh foods simply prepared. Sometimes the dishes reflect a particular culture - I serve plenty of tacos and spaghetti and stir fry - but often I just buy what's in season, punch it up with a few spices or herbs, and grill it up.

But better than words, let me just show you.


Zucchini roasted in olive oil with black pepper
Fresh red grapes
Tri-tip beef seared medium rare with olive oil and mixed peppers 
Sourdough bread grilled with butter

* * * * *


Fresh cantaloupe and blueberries
Boston lettuce and arugula topped with baby carrots, bacon, cucumber, hard-boiled egg, Parmesan cheese and blue cheese dressing

* * * * *


Baby carrots roasted in olive oil with black pepper
Turkey burgers: ground turkey, grated apple, egg, chili powder and paprika, and a dash of Panko bread crumbs
Kale roasted in olive oil with black pepper. 

* * * * *

So now you know what's on my plate.

Tell me, what's on yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!