Thursday, April 7, 2016

Heart-Shaped Happiness


I have always been a sucker for heart-shaped things.

Ever since they were tiny, my girls clued into this love of mine and during their childhood, were forever bringing me heart-shaped things.

Heart-shaped rocks.
Heart-shaped cookies.
Heart-shaped art.
Heart-shaped shells.
Heart-shaped flowers.

Yesterday, my second-born rushed into the kitchen with a sparkle in her eye. "Look what I found in your bathroom." And with ceremony, she handed me over this perfect heart-shaped leaf, left over from a retired eucalyptus bouquet.

Though they have long since grow up, my daughters still know exactly what makes me happy.

2 comments:

  1. Heart shaped things make my heart soar, too, and this little eucalyptus beauty is a true gem! -h

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tucked the leaf into a nearby houseplant, and he's quite happy in his new home.

      Delete

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!