Monday, June 8, 2015

Pink Peonies


Traveling the world is good and all.

But home is the place where my pink peonies are blooming.

Where my pillow and towels feel like old friends,
where I can create, rearrange and mess things up however I like,
where it's perfectly acceptable to wear my favorite old threadbare yoga pants,
where the morning sun shines in my window at a familiar and comforting angle,

Where my pets have been patiently awaiting my return and greet me with abandon.
They take no offense at my absence. They're just thrilled I've come back.

Home is the place where I can rest, refresh, and return to the rhythms of my everyday life.

And look forward to the day - soon enough - when I'm ready to travel again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!