Friday, August 1, 2014

Dog Days of Summer


There is no doubt in my mind that my dog loves summer.

Digging hiding places under bushes while I soak up sunshine in the backyard.
Watching me toss weeds into piles during my gardening sessions.
Panting in the cool grass after his daily walks.
Guarding the burgers as they grill on the Weber.
Lying on the kitchen floor in front of the fan.
Running for hours on a sandy beach.
Snuggling among our sleeping bags in a cozy tent.

But I am also 100% sure that Ranger is greatly relieved when a bit of cool and rainy August weather blows in.

Because that is when I am likely to spend a few hours sitting quietly at the computer.

And instead of keeping a watchful eye on me as I move here and there, indoors and out, my faithful dog can simply climb up on the couch and take a good, long, comfortable nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!