Saturday, May 31, 2014

Birthday Greetings



My first-born's birthday fell during my trip to Vietnam. No matter how many years have passed, it's always hard fur a mother to be apart from her babes on their birthdays, and it's especially difficult when you are not even experiencing the same day at the same time. 

Since I'm 14 hours ahead, I counted down the minutes until 2 pm on the big day so that I could message a birthday greeting to my daughter at precisely midnight her time. We just happened to be eating lunch at that time, and after finishing another satisfying Vietnamese meal, my two middle daughters and I crossed the street to pose for a snapchat greeting under this bower of gorgeous pink flowers under the dazzling tropical sky. 

I know. Digital greetings from the other side of the planet are not the same as being there. But in their own way, they are kinda cool too. 

* * * * *

For more stories about birthdays, read:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!