Monday, March 17, 2014

The Second Step

Great things are done by a series of small things brought together. - Vincent Van Gogh


These six sweetly-scented spring cuties came to live with me today. Planting them in the big orange pot by my back door was meant to be my reward for today's anticipated Spring Garden Clean-Up.

Alas, I was forced to postpone. All afternoon, rain fell like cats and dogs, making outdoor work impossible. And so it would seem that my journey of one thousand steps has stalled after just the first step.

But I beg to differ. Purchasing these blue hyacinth has filled me with inspiration, motivation and crazy, mad desire to get going on my yard. They are in fact the second step of my walk, and I'm deeply thankful for the momentum they provide.

* * * * *

For more stories about late winter and early spring, try these:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!