Thursday, January 2, 2014

Life Is Just A Day At The Beach


^ A well-balanced composition - like a well-composed life - includes a detailed foreground, a dreamy background, and a middle ground that links the two.



^ Sometimes things are cluttery and imperfect and messy, but they can still be beautiful.



^ If obstacles block your path, soar above them.



^ Keep your balance.



^ See the forest and the trees. And the water, as well as the distant horizon.



^ Stick with the crowd but don't get lost in it.


* * * * *

When I stopped by the beach yesterday for a blustery visit, I was totally preoccupied with thoughts about my new year's resolutions and goals for the upcoming year. Eventually, I sorted out some cohesive thoughts, but when I looked over these shots in my camera roll, I realized they offered all the guidance I could possibly need.

So thank you, water and trees, sky and sand, beach logs and sea gulls, for reminding me about what matters as I plot my course through 2014. 


^ Good things come to those who wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!