Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Ranger Watches Over Me

Let me tell you what. It's not easy to be Ranger.


He needs to keep an eye on me at all times. 

All. Times. 

Even when I am watering the gardens in the front yard. 


And you know, that's dangerous work. When I get to whipping that hose around, you never know where the water might go. And as a self-respecting field dog, Ranger cannot allow himself to get wet.

Ew. 

So he must strive for a delicate balance between staying close to me. But not TOO close.

And folks, that is just not easy.


And you know what makes it even worse? Wet grass.

Yeah. Sometimes I water the grass before I water the gardens, and then Ranger's job is triply complicated. Because dogs just can't go around lying on wet lawns. That's just not right.

They need to look for dry spaces.


Luckily, Ranger found this soft, comfy, and adequately dry patch of creeping thyme upon which to rest himself in the evening sunlight. Don't let those closed eyes fool you...he was watching me every minute.

You never know when I might lose control of that hose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!