Thursday, May 2, 2013

Building Crush

Confession. I have a thing for attractive buildings.

Especially skyscrapers.

I think about them when we are apart.
My heart beats faster when I know I'm about to see them.
When we're together, I can't take my eyes off them.

And I can't help myself from loving each tall, dark and handsome one I find.


Even before I came to Malaysia, I knew I would fall for Petronas Towers. That architectural icon is the quarterback on the football team, the lead singer in the band, the Brad Pitt of the Kuala Lumpur skyline. Everyone notices the twin towers first and admires their shiny, symmetrical, carefully cultivated perfection.

They are fairly irresistible.

But now that I've been here awhile, I've set my sights on another face that is much more to my liking.


Telecom Malaysia.

So rugged and dynamic, this glass and steel marvel looks like it's about to tear loose from its footings and sail away over Bangsar and off into the jungle.


Each side of the building is different, ranging from smooth and even panels to rhythmic sets of balconies to a long, curving mast-like panel. I love a complex personality.


I can never resist staring up at that big gorgeous face, always set off by a blazing blue tropical sky. And I can't help but snap a zillion pics, far more than I need, to remember every nuance of my beloved when we are apart.


Yes. I think it's safe to say that I have a serious building crush on the TM building. Do you blame me?

* * * * *

It doesn't hurt that I have a number of friends who work in this gorgeous place, including the lovely Xeera and Diyanne. I joined them for lunch today in the cool shadowed ground floor, and then they walked me back to the LRT station where we took a few more pics.

Definitely have a crush on them, too.


* * * * *

To find all the stories of my amazing adventures in southeast Asia, go here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!