Sunday, January 6, 2013

Lovely Winter Fruits

I stopped by Whole Foods Market today, and got waylaid in the produce section. Bountiful displays of winter fruits filled every corner, and I couldn't help but take some photos of these ripe, round, brightly colored seasonal beauties.


And then I came across this interesting display:


What in the world??!? Why would we want to say hello to spring on the fifth day of January? Winter has only just begun!

Why are we in such a rush to hurry on to the next season, the next holiday, the next phase of life, instead of enjoying the one we are in?

As much as I love daffodils, as much as I love spring, I am not ready for them.

Today, I choose to live in the present and bask in my lovely winter fruits. 

2 comments:

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!