Sunday, August 3, 2014

Looking Up

^ Midday layers in the skies over the Alderwood Target, always a hotspot for gorgeous cloud shots.

^ A partial sun break creates a crazy glowing glory sky. 

^ Clouds fall into formation far to the west and march directly over my back yard.

^ Sunset colors these happy little poofs of clouds and the effect is charming.

The past few months of my life have been hectic.

First, I simultaneously wrapped up my school year a month ahead of schedule and drove cross-country to bring my youngest home from college. Then I spent seven weeks in Asia, where every moment was a fire hose of new experiences and mind-altering changes. For the last month, I've been home...but actually I've been away from home for a camping trip and a family visit more than half of that time.

I've been a bit distracted and off my usual game, to say the least.

The other day, I was waiting at a red light and staring absent-mindedly up at the skies. And it hit me. I've been so busy lately that I have not taken the time to simply notice and appreciate what's going on directly over my head. And I made an immediate vow to change that, pronto.

For the rest of the day, I noticed.

And I am reminded all over again of the sweet satisfaction to be found by looking up.

* * * * *

Read more stories about looking up, down. and all around:


* * * * *

Ready for more sunset adventures? Read these:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!